Page
of 9

Brexit

87 replies
Votes:
+654
>Celebrities like Cumberbatch vote for stay - appeal to (false) authority
>Nigel Farage votes for leaving - guilt by association

I agree there a lot of things that are uncertain in the world, but you make best approximations with the information you have. I refuse his oversimplification of "if you stay nothing will change, and if you leave you don't know". I'm not so sure I'm happy with what EU Council is doing. I am actually pretty sure I don't like it.

Here, take a look at this guy who made a bit more research than just looking at what someone unimportant from Britain siad about Brexit.

Also if you have time to watch this video explaining the predictions of economy situation if leaving EU by someone more qualified than Nerd^3 guy.
Posted Jun 6, 16 · Last edited Jun 6, 16
Undo
Votes:
+615
Discharged (CNTO Alumni)
What a load of crap.
Posted Jun 6, 16
Votes:
+654
Somehow this video slipped through my subscription feed. It's a bit old, but it doesn't matter because it comes from a guy who does his research and provides facts and sources of same.

And here is another video on the topic, this one with diametrically opposite opinion.

It's interesting to see how different people have such big difference in opinions, and apparently political alignment doesn't matter at all. Afaik Paul Joseph Watson is conservative right, Sargon libertarian left, and I think Thunderfoot also libertarian left. Wasn't expecting for Thunderfoot to have such strongly formed opinion of staying. (it doesn't seem I'm only one judging by the amount of dislikes on his video)
Posted Jun 13, 16
Votes:
+133
Discharged
Not from UK but have been observing the process from outside. The central question of Brexit is whether you think UK can be more efficent with its economy than EU as a whole? Are you a gambling man.

Here is an actual economist taking a look at it. Bit slow and boring maybe but well reasoned. Probably as solid of an advice as you can get since he takes other major analysis into consideration and bases his stuff on actual facts. I suggest not really heeding to avice of Youtubers and celebrities.

It used to be on Youtube but they apparently made it private it so just got the alternative link here:
Economic risks from Brexit
Posted Jun 19, 16
Votes:
+951
The end of this segment was killing me:

Posted Jun 20, 16 · Last edited Jun 20, 16
Votes:
+353
Discharged (CNTO Alumni)
You beat me by one hour James...
You won't get me next time :p
Posted Jun 20, 16
Votes:
+1,083
That reminded me of an older video (way before brexit became a thing):

(Oliver touched it by mentioning that not GB is not "in" EU like other countries.)
Posted Jun 20, 16
Votes:
+951
wrote:
That reminded me of an older video (way before brexit became a thing):
(Oliver touched it by mentioning that not GB is not "in" EU like other countries.)
Yep, re-watched that video too when the whole Brexit thing started flaring up.
Posted Jun 20, 16
Votes:
+201
oh man. I'm slightly worried now. there saying that turnout has been over 70%. We never get that for any other kind of election. I fear that means that people who normally don't vote are voting turning up and voting with their hearts and not their heads.

I don't know whether I should stay up and watch or not.
Posted Jun 24, 16 · OP
Votes:
+463
Well, I voted, so lets hope for a good result. I don't expect the result until breakfast time, so I will just check in the morning.
Posted Jun 24, 16
Page
of 9
Login
Upcoming Events
NoticeNotices