OPERATION PACIFIC WIND
Tanoan Republic has been run by a general Claude Pascal for 25 years now. His method of ruling are fierce and bloody. Political prisoners, assassinations of all political opposition is common thing on Tanoa. China is heavily influencing Tanoan Republic and is providing a bulk security force around the island with several Chinese bases.
NATO is interested in overthrowing Pascal due to proximity of Tanoa to China. It would be a coup to establish a military base for operations on South China Sea. To achieve the strategic objective, a secret task force Poseidon has been established with single purpose - topple general Pascal and establish NATO friendly democratic government. Operation will be deep in the water and all captured elements should not be identified as NATO operatives.
In the recent weeks, task force Poseidon has established several FOBs on the southern Tanoa and organized the force in the following structure:
- Headquarters element
- Logistical team callsign Keystone
- Special forces team callsign Shadow
- Infantry platoon made of 3 infantry squads, MMG team, MAT team and attached air support callsign Reaper.
The usage of specific elements follows.
Keystone is task organized to execute following preparation activities:
- Gather supplies from friendly controlled areas.
- Build new facilities as assigned by HQ.
- Fortify the FOB.
Shadow is task organized to execute preparation activities:
- Reconnaissance patrolling of objectives assigned by HQ.
- Capturing radio towers as assigned by HQ.
- Destroying enemy FOBs as assigned by HQ.
- Executing Search and Rescue missions.
- Capturing poorly defended villages.
Platoon is task organized to execute major missions like:
- Capturing well defended villages.
- Capture factory locations.
- Capture enemy military base.
- Capturing major city.
Use these elements to support the main effort of the infantry platoon.