Forums
Page
of 7

CNTO Secret Santa

66 replies
Votes:
+59
Hello hello!

It's only 51 days until Christmas and I was wondering if you guys would be up for a CNTO Secret Santa! :d
Hadassa and I have done a secret santa before with our previous community and it was really fun!

The idea is to get a gift for about 15 euros and to draw names half/end of November. This way people can plan their present to be delivered around Christmas. We will most likely use a website to assign names randomly (Sneakysanta) and your address will only be given to your Secret Santa (through private messages).

So if you would be up for it, please leave a reply here so we can see who and how many would be up for it to get this thing going!

Here is a link to join the group for the CNTO Secret Santa! Please only do so if you're joining the event!
CNTO Secret Santa!

Also suggestions are welcome to be shared here :)

If you don't know what Secret Santa is:
Basically, its where you get assigned a random person whom you give a gift. And of course in return you also get a gift from a random person.
Posted Nov 4, 17 · OP · Last edited Nov 8, 17
Undo
Votes:
+126
I would be up for it :)
Posted Nov 4, 17
Flo
Votes:
+140
Strong maybe here.
Posted Nov 4, 17
Votes:
+907
Discharged (CNTO Alumni)
I'd be up for it, sounds really cool.
Posted Nov 4, 17
Seb
Votes:
+141
im up for it
Posted Nov 4, 17
Votes:
+317
Yes =) do it with my family every year so you only spend money for one person ;-) but we have a little wishlist for everyone!
Posted Nov 5, 17
Votes:
+176
seems cool
Posted Nov 5, 17
Votes:
+142
100% in for this
Posted Nov 5, 17
Votes:
+126
wrote:
Hello hello!

It's only 51 days until Christmas.

Fcg1cPv.jpg

I might be up for it but I am afraid shipping would cost tons of money if you're unlucky with the persons country. How did you have that in mind?
Posted Nov 5, 17
Votes:
+59
wrote:
I might be up for it but I am afraid shipping would cost tons of money if you're unlucky with the persons country. How did you have that in mind?

I figured most of us live in Europe so for most people it shouldn't be a problem as a lot of sites ship to a lot of places in Europe. Or you can use a website from that country if you speak the language. (for example lots of Dutch people understand German well enough to use a German site)

In case you got a person from a country that's far away you can anonymously ask your person for possible websites you can use to find a gift to lower the shipping costs. Or you can ask another community member who is from the same country as your person if they can help you out a bit.

If you yourself are from a country far away you kinda have to think how possible it is for you to receive gifts (sorry :( ). But as said before, if there are websites which are available for your country and can be used by anyone, you can already help out your Secret Gifter by already giving these websites.
Sometimes shipping might take a bit longer as well to some countries but just inform your person the package might arrive later.
Posted Nov 5, 17 · OP
Page
of 7
Login
Upcoming Events
Apr 02 '19
20:00
Apr 12 '19
Apr 16 '19
Apr 19 '19