How to make balanced missions with Paladin and Reaper ?
I have a problém - it s very difficult to estimate how big "game changer" can be use of jet and heli during mission.
With the new FIR AWS systém the Harrier is possible to repair, refuel, change loadout and rearm in 30 seconds.
The point is, if Harrier takes couple of times 12 gps guided bombs, or LAU 3x7x6=126 HE rockets at once + basic 30mm cannon with 300 rounds. The game is almost over for the ground units. The maps are not so big, and 700Kmph is on any map, except Altis, RTB 3-6 minutes and back to action.
On the other hand - to rearm or repair from trucks is real hell and can také like 20 minutes. And just becouse that I would never také the Paladin role I think (but I can not fly too )
Use of Paladin and Reaper:
1. Can be Paladin tasked to provide insertion, reinsertion, resupply drops and fly Jet ? (to balance the mission and not having jet all mission in air)
2. Can Zeus také the role of Reaper to insert, resupply ? (what if Zeus can not fly ?)
The idea behind this is:
the Reaper pilot would be most of mission without any action - which I want prevent.
If I would give Reaper armed helicopters, to have some action, it would be too much for the mission itself, if Paladin and Reaper survives - the ground units would have it too easy.
On the other hand, if they not survive, the ground units will have a hell on ground.
The dilemma is:
- fun for Paladin
- fun for Reaper (Can Paladin or Zeus insert, reinsert, extract, resupply ? )
- no Reaper at all but heli insertions required (Paladin or Zeus or other will insert, reinsert, resupply ? Is it allowed ?)
- fun for ground units
- balanced mission (As the jet is able to win the mission almost itself. The mission has to stay FPS wise too.)
- too quick rearming from FIR AWS station
- FIR AWS provide pylon settings - can leads to extremes
- extremely long rearming, repairing from trucks
- maps are "small" for 700kmph jet - very quick RTB
- I do not think to shot down Paladin on purpose from Zeus is too Ok
- To send an AI jet on Paladin could be pretty boring as the AI jets are just running in cirles to get behind you