Forums

PvP - Snakes in the Streets

2 replies
Votes:
+1,033
Please leave feed back, stories or videos about the event here.
Posted Aug 15, 18 · OP
Votes:
+1,033
Hello all,

My thoughts on the mission are good it was a nice and interesting scenario with multiple ways to approach the tasks set for both sides.

Potential problems:

• Static location of caches and no markers for OpFor. Sorted give my composition to Skippy to create random caches and markers.
  • Side balencing must be looked at in reference to man power and equipment in caches. I think we found the sweet sport for power with BluFor outnumbering OpFor, equipment needs to be limited even if powerful.
  • When BluFor is attacked there should be AI QRF to assist them.

One of the big problems that players need to remember is that with scenarios like this with the state of AI in Arma there will be a requirement by both sides to role play if they don't then the mission does not work and is pointless playing. For example OpFor should not be running around with weapons out or launchers on back if trying to remain undercover also BluFor should not just shoot OpFor because you know they are a player, or are running.

I think BluFor needs to be told there ROE, are you US police allowed to shoot people running away etc even if unarmed or are we EU police who do not do that. Personally I think it need to be EU style as it makes things much more interesting and intense, it will make things much more intense and dangerous for BluFor.

I just want to avoid what happened on the 3rd round last night where people were shot just because you knew they were a player which is where the role play comes in, even if you know they are players and up to know good you should watch and wait for a reason to detain or engage. Last night I was shot first in my pair and I was unarmed and just talking to a guy in a car. Civies walk and run and talk role play guys, we can not play the mission if we have to imitate Arma AI it does not work or is fun. OpFor should imitate human civilians and BluFor should imitate real police.
Posted Aug 15, 18 · OP
Votes:
+115
This was very good PvP for me. No boring places, short planing, quick action. (just the ammo cashes suppy, slow the opfor down)
Attached Images
Posted Aug 15, 18
NoticeNotices